GUIDELINES FOR USING OUR HOME CHEMICAL PEELS – See your physician for detailed instructions.
GUIDE TO USING OUR HOME PEELS & PEEL PADS .
NOTE: THIS DOES NOT SUBSTITUTE FOR STRONGER PHYSICIAN-GRADE PEELS.
- New users need to patch test inner arm, or the lower angle of the jawline. Wait 24-48 hours before peeling.
- New users should do a 30 – 60 second peel, especially if of darker skin-tone.
- Leaving the peels on the skin for excessively long times will not increase effectiveness, and may even harm the skin.
- Stop use of retinoids (e.g. RetinA), alpha-hydroxy products (e.g. mandelic acid, glycolic acid, lactic acid), beta-hydroxy products (e.g. salicylic acid) & benzoyl peroxide 1 day before peeling.
- Do not use on open cuts or inflamed skin.
- Protect areas that you do not want peeled with Vaseline.
- Avoid placement of peels close to the warm moist mucous membranes of the body
- Remove contact lenses if you plan to peel around the eyes.
- Do not peel and microneedle (derma rolling) on the same day.
- Use daytime sunscreen with UVA/UVB protection of 30+
- Avoid the use of active products on the skin for 3 days after peeling.
BEFORE YOU PEEL:
You will need:
- Gauze/cotton/large Q-tip
- Running water
- Mandelic Acid Peel Penetration Enhancer
- Mandelic Acid Peel Neutralizer
- Peel at night time.
- Wash face with cleanser recommended by your clinic.
- Use Mandelic Acid Peel Penetration Enhancer to prime and prep the skin for greater peel penetration and to sanitize the skin.
- Use either 2 q-tips, gauze, a cotton ball, or a fan brush to apply the peel.
- If using a peel pad, apply firm pressure to apply the peel.
- Leave AHA or BHA peel on for 1 – 5 minutes (face). This depends on the peel and your skin. Consult with your physician.
- Leave AHA or BHA peel on for 1 – 10 minutes for body (back, chest, arms, legs, buttocks). This depends on the peel and your skin. Consult with your physician.
- Tingling/ itching sensation is normal.
- Rinse excess peel with cool water.
- Neutralize immediately with Mandelic Acid Neutralizer if burning occurs.
- To neutralize, use Mandelic Acid Neutralizer after doing face and body peels.
- Dry skin gently.
- Follow with a nourishing serum like Melanopeel’s Tranexa Microneedle Serum, Dermal Recover Serum made of 100% organic argan oil, our Premium Grade nourishing Cleansing Oils, or our antioxidant retinol creams.
- Use daytime sunblock with UVA/UVB protection of 30+.
Avoid the use of active products on the skin for 3 days after peeling.
We highly recommend the use of the Melanoroller derma roller to amplify your peel results in between peeling.
FACE: 1-5 minutes. 5 minutes only for persons using the Melanopeel system at least 4 weeks.
BODY AREAS: 1-10 minutes.
BENEFITS OF USING OUR PEELS:
* Safe for all skin colors
* Only 30 second application required for effectiveness
* Can be applied to any body area
* Will control acne, hyperpigmentation, rough skin, razor bumps, ingrown hairs, keratosis pilaris, and will retexture your skin to beautiful smoothness. With regular use, you can achieve a healthier, clearer complexion.